Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Starting July 1st, 2021 Yarmouth Waste Management team began accepting Food Waste for Compost in the Recycle Area.
Here are a list of the acceptable items:
Yarmouth Waste Management is partnering with Black Earth Compost below is the current of the items that will be accepted in the Black Earth Compost Bin
• COFFEE GROUNDS & FILTERS
• BPI OR CMA CERTIFIED COFFEE PODS*
• NONSYNTHETIC TEA BAGS (okay to include staple)
• EGGS & EGGSHELLS
• MEAT & SEAFOOD
Including: bones, shells, & raw, please note that LOBSTER SHELLS make the compost rich
• FRUITS & VEGGIES
Including: stems, skins, pits, seeds, corn cobs, fruit (from trees) (stickers removed)
Including: cheese, yogurt, etc.
• NUTS AND COCONUT SHELLS
• COOKING OIL & GREASE (leave in an aluminum can w/lid on if liquid, scrape into bin if solidified)
• WINE CORKS (cork, not plastic!)
• PET FOOD
• HAIR, FUR, FEATHERS (human & animal)